Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Robert11

Default Simple Bar Charting Problem: Would Sure Appreciate Some Help On This

Hello,

Boy, do I feel dumb in asking this, but, honest, I've been playing around
with this
for hours, and just can't get what I want. I'm new at Excel Charting, so
let me blame it
on that.

Would be most appreciative for any help.

All I want to do is to create a very simple Bar (or perhaps it is actually
called a Column)
type of chart from two columns of data.

What I have in Column B is "Suggested Yearly Dues, $" and in Column C "No.
Of Respondents".

So, it looks like this:

Suggested Yearly Dues, $ No. Of Respondents

0
2
25
10
50
18
75
15
100
8
150
3

I would like on the X axis Suggested Yearly Dues, and then bars going
vertically to show the number of respondents that selected that value.

e.g. if one went along the X axis to $25, there would be a vertical bar
going up to the Y value of 10 Respondents.

But no matter what kind of bar or column chart I select, it seems to treat
each column of data independently, and does not plot one against the other.
I selected columns B and C prior to plotting.

What am I doing wrong ?
How do I do it correctly ?

Much thanks; really appreciate it.

Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bernard Liengme

Your x and y values are both numeric, so Excel plots both,
Fortunately, there is a quick solution.
At the top of the B column (lets say B1) you have a heading (Suggested
Yearly Dues); delete this and select that cell (B1) down to the last and
across to C. Now make the chart
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme