Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Visual Basic Editor Window Opens Automatically

Recently, I have noticed that my VBA editor window will automatically open
when unlocking my computer. I am running XP, with Office 2003. I unlock my
Windows using Ctrl-Alt-Delete, and type in my password. Then a VBA window
pops up. I have done some troubleshooting and here's what have found.

If I open a fresh session of Excel, lock my computer, unlock it, I get no
editor window pop up. But if I physically go into the editor, then close the
editor, lock/unlock my computer, then it will start popping up. Same with
Outlook. If I hav an Outlook session open which I have been in the editor at
one point since that session has been open, then I will get a pop up after
unlocking my computer. I will get a editor pop up window for each case. In
other words, one will pop up for Outlook, another for Excel, and for each
separate session of Excel (if I have manually opened the editor during that
sesssion at some point). So some times, I will have 3 or 4 editor pop ups
after unlocking my computer, and I have to close them all.

Now I also have a laptop, running on the same network, XP and 2003 Office,
and I cannot duplicate this issue. Nothing has changed on either to my
knowledge, but I don't even know where to begin checking for differences. Any
ideas???

Thanks!