Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron Ron is offline

Default Is it possible to validate excel cell against sql table query

Hi everyone

I am trying to validate entries in an Microsoft Excel 2007 workbook, against
data in a Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 / Microsoft SQL 2005 Server database. I
have a spreadsheet which contains journal entries, and I need to validate the
GL Account numbers against those in the Dynamics database.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ron,

Yes I could do it but it would get very techicnal.

Suggestion 1

Open a new worksheet in excel set up get external data from external source.

Then write a query (View) in sql and then access this from excel to your new
sheet.

Then where the data is located then you could do a Vlookup to check against
the Dynamics database.

Regards

Trev B