Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Tom is offline

Default Web query; protected site?!?

Hi

How can I create a web query from a protected site? How to enter the login
and password ? Any ideas?

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tom,

Tom wrote:
How can I create a web query from a protected site? How to enter the
login and password ? Any ideas?

It depends on what type of authentication the website is requesting. If
it's integrated security (OS-level), then I think you could use the XMLHTTP
object to get the contents of the page and parse it as needed. If it's web
forms security (the username and passwords are entered into textboxes on the
web page itself), then it's a bit trickier, as you have to POST the data to
the form handler and go from there. For either option, you can do a google
groups search on XMLHTTP to get some ideas.

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel
www.longhead.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming