Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default No Template option under Save As

Nnowhere i look can i find templates as a selection to save as in Excel 2007.
It isn't under save as even when i scroll to the bottom of all the options
and it doesn't show up as a possible file extension or option when i click
any of the options that do show up and then try to select a different file
type in the dialog window.
I've tried repair and updates and everythign is supposedly fine. is there a
part of the registry i can update to fix this?
I'm using XP.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

i see tempate (xltx) is 8th choice in Save As type list.