Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I stop excel from rounding my numbers up?

I am calculating expenses and each time I enter an amount e.g 12.43 excel
rounds it up to 13.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you sure your example is right?

If the column width is too narrow, excel will only display the rounded
number--but in this case, it would be 12. (If you typed 12.73, then excel may
display 13.)

Try widening the column a bit (or changing to a smaller font)

If that's not it, what do you see in the formula bar? If you really see 13,
then I would suspect that you have an event macro that's running and rounding
(up) that entry.

You can find out by opening up your workbook and not allowing macros to
run--then see what happens when you test it by typing in a new value.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I actually had this exact same problem! It's as simple as adding a space bar to the end of your number!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I actually had this exact same problem! It's as simple as adding a
space bar to the end of your number!

Do that makes the cell contents 'text'; -undesirable results will occur
in formulas referencing those cells!

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!