Bob

Default scroll bar on chart disappears

I put a scrollbar on a chart. Every time I click inside the chart but not
on the scrollbar the scrollbar disappears. Since the scrollbar refers to
a cell, if I click on the cell the scrollbar re-appears on the chart and I
can use it to change my charting range. Pretty cool feature actually.
But why does it disappear? I tried "bring to front". no dice. any ideas?

bob
Debra Dalgleish

The scroll bar is really on the worksheet, instead of the chart. When
you activate the chart, it hides the scrollbar. To put the scroll bar on
the chart:

Right-click on the scroll bar, and choose Cut
Right-click on the chart, and choose Paste

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Debra Dalgleish

Note: After adding the scroll bar to the chart, I had to change its
location to a chart sheet for the scroll bar to work. When I changed it
back to an embedded chart, the scroll bar continued to work.

Bob wrote:

I put a scrollbar on a chart. Every time I click inside the chart but
not on the scrollbar the scrollbar disappears. Since the scrollbar
refers to a cell, if I click on the cell the scrollbar re-appears on
the chart and I can use it to change my charting range. Pretty cool
feature actually. But why does it disappear? I tried "bring to
front". no dice. any ideas?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Bob

that did it! thank you.
now I can click the scrollbar to change the range of my chart. pretty
cool.

bob