Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Jim is offline

Default What do I need to do to open my old Lotus WK4 files in Excel?

I am trying to open some old Lotus WK4 file. The new version of Excel will
not open them. What do I do?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you still have your old version of Excel? You'll have to open and convert
the files to a format the new version will read, then open them in the new
version.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Jim" wrote in message
I am trying to open some old Lotus WK4 file. The new version of Excel will
not open them. What do I do?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Jim is offline

I still have my old computer running Windows 2000 Pro. When I try to open
the WK4 files with it, I get the following message "You are attempting to
open a file type that is blocked by your registry policy setting."

Can I get around this?

"Jim" wrote:

I am trying to open some old Lotus WK4 file. The new version of Excel will
not open them. What do I do?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Read all of this as it covers those files
Information about certain file types that are blocked after you install
Office 2003 Service Pack 3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938810/en-us

"Jim" wrote:

I am trying to open some old Lotus WK4 file. The new version of Excel
will
not open them. What do I do?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Jim is offline

Thanks, it worked. Now all I have to do is convert all of the WK4 files to
XLS and then transfer them to the new computer.

Thanks again.