Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Default a workbook to save as a xlsm (macro-enabled) in 2007

Is there a way to have a single workbook default to save as a xlsm
(macro-enabled) file type instead of xlsx when the template it was created
from was a xltm (macro-enabled) template?

Currently it brings up a message about saving macros in a macro-free
workbook. Most of our uses will not even read/understand this and will just
save the workbook without the macros.

We would prefer not to change the default save type for workbooks from xlsx
if we don't have to.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Office buttonExcel options..Save

You can change it there

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Razzer204" wrote in message ...
Is there a way to have a single workbook default to save as a xlsm
(macro-enabled) file type instead of xlsx when the template it was created
from was a xltm (macro-enabled) template?

Currently it brings up a message about saving macros in a macro-free
workbook. Most of our uses will not even read/understand this and will just
save the workbook without the macros.

We would prefer not to change the default save type for workbooks from xlsx
if we don't have to.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe not a very good way but
You can try this in the thisworkbook module of the template.

Private Sub Workbook_Activate()
If Me.Path = "" Then Application.DefaultSaveFormat = xlOpenXMLWorkbookMacroEnabled
End Sub

Private Sub Workbook_Deactivate()