Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Xt Xt is offline

Default File storing and URLs for files

Hi folks

I know that we cannot attach an example Excel file when we send a
message to this group. However, not too long ago, on one of the
Excel groups, someone explained how you can upload the file to a file
storing site and they send you a URL straight back where anybody
interested can retrieve it. You didn't need to register or log in or
anything.

I've lost the site and can't find it again. Can anybody help please?

Cheers

Derek
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

maybe...
http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=free+file+hosting&l=1

--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Xt"
wrote in message
Hi folks

I know that we cannot attach an example Excel file when we send a
message to this group. However, not too long ago, on one of the
Excel groups, someone explained how you can upload the file to a file
storing site and they send you a URL straight back where anybody
interested can retrieve it. You didn't need to register or log in or
anything.

I've lost the site and can't find it again. Can anybody help please?

Cheers

Derek

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Xt Xt is offline

Thanks for your time, Jim. Your link (cute) delivered me to
FileDropper. This is the sort of thing but not the one I visited
before. FileDropper uploaded my file happily but didn't give me an
URL to link to. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

Derek
On Jun 18, 12:49*pm, "Jim Cone" wrote:
maybe...http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=free+file+hosting&l=1

--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USAhttp://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware
(free and commercial excel programs)

"Xt"
wrote in ...

Hi folks

I know that we cannot attach an example Excel file when we send a
message to this group. * However, not too long ago, on one of the
Excel groups, someone explained how you can upload the file to a file
storing site and they send you a URL straight back where anybody
interested can retrieve it. You didn't need to register or log in or
anything.

I've lost the site and can't find it again. *Can anybody help please?

Cheers

Derek- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Try it again. This is the link it gave me for my Lottery Numbers.xls workbook...
http://www.filedropper.com/lotterynumbersj
I did not have to register. Also, I didn't see a privacy policy link.

--

wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Jun 17, 7:46*pm, Xt wrote:
Hi folks

I know that we cannot attach an example Excel file when we send a
message to this group. * However, not too long ago, on one of the
Excel groups, someone explained how you can upload the file to a file
storing site and they send you a URL straight back where anybody
interested can retrieve it. You didn't need to register or log in or
anything.

I've lost the site and can't find it again. *Can anybody help please?

Cheers

Derek

You should be able to use dropbox.com

Robert Flanagan