RichIII

Default Bar Chart for Text Data

I am trying to construct a bar chart showing students on the x axis and
letter grades on the y axis. The data won't graph unless I make another
column assiging a numerical value to the letter grade and plot the number.
Any ideas?
I am using Excel2000.
Thanks
Barb Reinhardt

Why don't you assign numerical descriptions for the letter grades

0 = E/F
1 = D
2 = C
3 = B
4 = A

You can create a bar chart using the numerical info. You can then use Ron
Bovey's XY Chart Labeler to relable the Y axis.

http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm

Check out Jon Peltier's info on a Vertical Category axis as well:

http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Cha...egoryAxis.html