LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
external usenet poster

Default Unwanted workbooks on startup

Hi,
When I have been using Excel for Mac 2011, I have stored my macros in the Personal Macro Workbook which appears when I open Excel. I must have done something unusual during one session for now, when I open Excel, not only Personal Macro Workbook appears but also Personal Macro Workbook1 together with two workbooks I had stored on the Desktop. I want to get rid of these unwanted workbooks but I cannot locate them. I can see the Personal Macro Workbook in the Documents/MicrosoftUserData/Excel folder but I can't find the others.
I tried changing the name of one of the two unwanted workbooks in the Desktop but a new workbook with the original name appears.
Can anyone please help me either locate these workbooks or tell me where the startup list is stored?
Regards, kenrock
  #2   Report Post  
external usenet poster

kenrock wrote:
Hi,
When I have been using Excel for Mac 2011, I have stored my macros in the Personal Macro Workbook which appears when I open Excel. I must have done something unusual during one session for now, when I open Excel, not only Personal Macro Workbook appears but also Personal Macro Workbook1 together with two workbooks I had stored on the Desktop. I want to get rid of these unwanted workbooks but I cannot locate them. I can see the Personal Macro Workbook in the Documents/MicrosoftUserData/Excel folder but I can't find the others.
I tried changing the name of one of the two unwanted workbooks in the Desktop but a new workbook with the original name appears.
Can anyone please help me either locate these workbooks or tell me where the startup list is stored?
Regards, kenrock

Open visual basic
highligh unwanted workbook in project explorer (Ctrl-R) and in immediate
(Ctrl-G) window type

? Thisworkbook.path

to see where it is located.

#3   Report Post  
external usenet poster

On Thursday, October 10, 2013 11:50:47 AM UTC+1, kenrock wrote:
Hi,

Regards, kenrock

Excellent! Another triumph for learning and literacy! I now am aware of Library:Application Support:Microsoft:Office:Excel. Thanks very much for your input. Regards, kenrock