Junior Member

Default VLOOKUP or SUMIF for Multiple Criteria

Im hoping this is possible. I am looking for a formula that will sum a large range of data in a specified column corresponding to multiple criteria that does not repeat. Example below:

Fee Type 12/31/2012 3/31/2013 6/30/2013
Fee Type 1 100 110 120
Fee Type 2 150 160 170
Fee Type 3 125 135 145
Fee Type 4 100 110 120

What I need to do is look up all fee types, and sum all corresponding values in the specified column as this data is consolidated into another report. There are dozens of lines of fee types so I want to reference that range, and reference the correct column based on time period. Doing a simple SUM is not useful as the column shift often and it would be easier to reference a cell that corresponds to the column I need to sum. Any thoughts? If this is not clear and I need to provide more information please let me know.

VLOOKUP will only work for 1 Fee Type and I don't want to have to type the formula for EVERY SINGLE Fee Type.
SUMIF doesn't let me reference a column number and would still need to be written dozens of time.

Thanks!

Last edited by Rob Kein : November 9th 12 at 04:05 PM
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Kein View Post
[...]

Could you provide an example workbook with a larger example of the data?
Also some idea of the required outcomes would be a good idea.
Member

Hi
Assuming your data is in A1:D5

=IF(COUNTIF($A$2:$A2,$A2)1,"",SUMIF($A$2:$A$5,$A2 ,B$2:B$5))
Copy across & down. Adjust your ranges to suit, is this of any help!

Last edited by Kevin@Radstock : November 11th 12 at 08:32 AM