Junior Member

Default Circular Bar chart?

Hello,
Is it possible to create a circular bar chart, with the radii of the circle serving as the y-axis of the chart, and the perimeter of the circle serving as the x-axis?
Thanks!
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinVT View Post
Hello,
Is it possible to create a circular bar chart, with the radii of the circle serving as the y-axis of the chart, and the perimeter of the circle serving as the x-axis?
Thanks!
What exactly is it you're trying to plot on this graph?
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer101 View Post
What exactly is it you're trying to plot on this graph?
I'm trying to plot data collected about fish populations taken from sample sites which are arranged geographically around a specific point. This is why I'd like the bar chart to be plotted in a circle -- to give a geographic sense of each site in relation to one another.
Each site has data about both the male and female fish which were captured, and this is best shown as stacked bars.

I'm essentially trying to recreate these charts and am also trying to find a way to plot both charts together (as an overlay perhaps?) Plotting together, particularly in this format is tricky because too many bars stacked next to each other renders the data unreadable. Furthermore, the data in one chart is measured as a % (from 50%-100%) and in the other is measured as a count (from 1-20). I suppose I can simply "translate" the pure numbers to %, beginning at 50% (with 1 being 50% and 20 being 100%)...

In any case, just getting this stuff in a chart in excel will allow me to play with it and hopefully find the best solution. Is it possible to make this circular bar chart thing happen, or will I have to just fabricate something in illustrator?
Attached Images

Last edited by DaveinVT : September 26th 12 at 12:54 PM

Circular or semi-circular chart DKS Charts and Charting in Excel 3 November 3rd 09 02:50 PM
How do I copy a pie chart (just the circular pie) into powerpoint Howlets Charts and Charting in Excel 0 November 6th 08 11:16 AM
Circular Margo Excel Worksheet Functions 7 November 4th 07 01:15 AM
Circular? Dean[_8_] Excel Programming 8 April 27th 06 04:03 AM
Ultimate circular problem for chart creation nick g Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 July 26th 05 01:18 PM