Junior Member

Default use content of a cell as an input for a google query and return the URL of the 1st re

use content of a cell as an input for a google query and return the URL of the 1st result:
I am looking for an automated solution that will use the content of a spreadsheet cell (A1), will run a query (via google) and will return the url of the website of the first result (of the google search). More specifically: in a cell in spreadsheet, I have the word "Nike". Expected scenario: I run the tool and in the neighboring cell, the tool returns "www.nike.com" and so on for a few thousands of cells, always the most likely website (= the first website in Google search). Thanks for ideas. I can imagine this can be done with a macro: open IE, copy content of A1, run the query and somehow return the url of the first result into neighboring cell (B1). Thanks a lot for help. I tried to look for it in this forum before posting my question but havent seen it so if it has been answered before, just post the link, thanks!

Bob

Clear Cell Content Query captedgar Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 February 22nd 10 08:36 PM
Return cell content in a matched range Jack Excel Worksheet Functions 2 February 11th 10 11:55 PM
Google query David Excel Programming 8 June 1st 09 06:45 PM
input of selected cells equals content of another cell al Excel Programming 2 January 20th 09 01:34 PM
IF function to return date content of another cell lesg46 Excel Worksheet Functions 7 September 10th 08 06:50 PM