Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Converting Excel 2007 sheet back down to Excel 2003

I have an Excel 2007 file that came from one of our vendors that has
237,000 rows on "Sheet1".

While I have Excel 2007 on a 2nd workstation (alongside of Excel
2003), our finance department only has Excel 2003.

I understand Excel 2003 has approx a 65,000 row limit per sheet.
Divide these rows up into 65k chunks and it comes out to about 3.646
(4) sheets.

Does anyone have a code sample that will take 4 blocks of 65k rows
each from Sheet1 and move them to Sheet2, Sheet3, Sheet4, & Sheet5?

Thanks,
RLN

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I've never worked with worksheets that big before, but here are some tips
that might work.

First, you need to create the new worksheets:
intInsertIfrontOf = 2 ' or whatever
ActiveWorkbook.Sheets.Add Befo=Sheets(intInsertIfrontOf),
Type:=xlWorksheet
ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Name = "Some name"

Then you set up a For-loops to copy row-by-row from the original workseet to
the new ones, deleting the
rows as they are copied.

Afterwards, do a "Save as" to Excel 1997-2003 format.

Ed