Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Pivot Table with Data Model Connection - getpivotdata reference issue

I have a pivot table that is connected to a data model as the data source for the pivot table. The data model is connected to a SQL Server.

I am using the data in the pivot table to populate a dashboard where I am using the getpivotdata function.

The problem with getpivotdata I am facing is that the arguments in the getpivotdata are referencing the data table in the data model e.g.

=GETPIVOTDATA ("[Measures].[Count of Activity Type]",'DD View Pivots'!$A$3,

"[v_rpt_ActivitySummary].[Area (Regarding)]","[v_rpt_ActivitySummary].[Area (Regarding)].&[United States]",

"[v_rpt_ActivitySummary].[Note2]","[v_rpt_ActivitySummary].[Note2].&[Calls]",

"[v_rpt_ActivitySummary].[Week]","[v_rpt_ActivitySummary].[Week].&[This Week]")

When I try to change the item reference to certain cells in my output dashboard I get a #REF issue.

e.g.

=GETPIVOTDATA ("[Measures].[Count of Activity Type]",'DD View Pivots'!$A$3,

"[v_rpt_ActivitySummary].[Area (Regarding)]",G$2

"[v_rpt_ActivitySummary].[Note2]",$C5,

"[v_rpt_ActivitySummary].[Week]",$D7) will give me a #REF issue.

I would like to change the Items in my arguments into cell references.

Is there any way to fix this reference issue?

Thanks,
Nirmalya.