Doug Mc

Default Recent Files used - Excel 2000

I've got my "Recent" settings set at nine but only FOUR will ever show up.
Does anybody know why?

Also, when I do a Search and open and update an Excell file, it doesn't show
up in the "Recent" list.
Does anybody know the reason for this?

Thanks,
Doug

Ken Wright

How are you opening them - via shortcuts in Explorer, or using File / Open.
I 'think' that earlier versions of Excel only added to the MRU when using
file / Open - Not 100% sure though, and am sat on a laptop at the moment so
don't have all the versions installed that I do on my desktop to be able to
check.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Doug Mc" wrote in message
I've got my "Recent" settings set at nine but only FOUR will ever show up.
Does anybody know why?

Also, when I do a Search and open and update an Excell file, it doesn't
show
up in the "Recent" list.
Does anybody know the reason for this?

Thanks,
Doug

Doug Mc

Thanks Ken,
I open them both ways: Explorer and File/Open.
It just seems that it won't budge off the FOUR counter

Do you know of a site at Microsoft where I might find the answer??

"Doug Mc" wrote in message
I've got my "Recent" settings set at nine but only FOUR will ever show
up.
Does anybody know why?

Also, when I do a Search and open and update an Excell file, it doesn't
show
up in the "Recent" list.
Does anybody know the reason for this?

Thanks,
Doug

Ken Wright

To be honest, unless you want to pay for a support incident then you are
pretty much where you would normally need to be.

What happens if you change it to 3 or 2 for example, check that it has taken
effect, and then try a number above 4?

Regards
Ken...................

"Doug Mc" wrote in message
I've got my "Recent" settings set at nine but only FOUR will ever show
up.
Does anybody know why?

Also, when I do a Search and open and update an Excell file, it doesn't
show
up in the "Recent" list.
Does anybody know the reason for this?

Thanks,
Doug

Doug Mc

Hi Ken,
You had a good idea! That seemed to "knock it loose."

Thanks for your suggestion.
Doug

"Doug Mc" wrote in message
I've got my "Recent" settings set at nine but only FOUR will ever show
up.
Does anybody know why?

Also, when I do a Search and open and update an Excell file, it doesn't
show
up in the "Recent" list.
Does anybody know the reason for this?

Thanks,
Doug

Ken Wright

You're welcome - Got to be better than paying for it :-)

Regards