Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Macro-enabled Workbook

Hi all,

I share my Excel marksheet with many other teachers in the school. I
used Windows 7 and Excel 2007 and saved my file as Excel Macro-
enabled Workbook (.xlsm) as I am using some macros.

What is the basic requirement of Windows ( XP/Vista/7 ) and Excel
(2003 or 2007) my friends should have in their computers to open my
workbook?

Some of them use Windows 7 and Excel 2007 and has enabled the macro ..
but still couldn't open my workbook.
What is the cause then?

Please advise and thank you.

Salza
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The version of Windows is largely irrelevant as long as you are on
Windows XP SP3 or later. If you created the workbook in 2007 and
saved it in 2007 format (xlsm), it should be able to be opened by
others using 2007. Check the macro security setting on the Developer
tab on the Ribbon to ensure that it is not set to "disable without
prompting" or whatever the wording is. It also is possible there is a
group policy setting against opening xlsm files. Check with you
network admin.

Microsoft has a free compatibility pack that allows users of Office
2003 to open, edit, save, and print files in the 2007 file format. See
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/pr...686761033.aspx .

Excel 2007 can open all recent file formats right out of the box, so
no additional tools are need to use 2003 format workbooks in 2007.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional,
Excel, 1998 - 2010
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

On Sat, 15 May 2010 09:09:40 -0700 (PDT), Salza
wrote:

Hi all,

I share my Excel marksheet with many other teachers in the school. I
used Windows 7 and Excel 2007 and saved my file as Excel Macro-
enabled Workbook (.xlsm) as I am using some macros.

What is the basic requirement of Windows ( XP/Vista/7 ) and Excel
(2003 or 2007) my friends should have in their computers to open my
workbook?

Some of them use Windows 7 and Excel 2007 and has enabled the macro ..
but still couldn't open my workbook.
What is the cause then?

Please advise and thank you.

Salza

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

2003 to open, edit, save, and print files in the 2007 file format. Seehttp://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/HA101686761033.aspx.

wrote:

Hi all,

I share my Excel marksheet with many other teachers in the school. I
used Windows 7 and Excel 2007 and saved my file as *Excel Macro-
enabled Workbook (.xlsm) as I am using some macros.

What is the basic requirement of Windows ( XP/Vista/7 ) *and Excel
(2003 or 2007) my friends should have in their computers to open my
workbook?

Some of them use Windows 7 and Excel 2007 and has enabled the macro ..
but still couldn't open my workbook.
What is the cause then?

Please advise and thank you.

Salza