Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula for number combinations.

I am looking a formula and set up details in Excel to determine howmany
different outcomes I will get .

Below is my example.

I have a set of 12 numbers which are categorized as odd and even. Of the 12
numbers I am trying to create a group of 6 numbers which can associate itself
with a number higer or lower than is in a different group. I hope I am
amking sense.

Here is the visual.

1. 1 2
2. 3 4
3. 5 6
4. 7 8
5. 9 10
6. 11 12

The results should look like this -

1 2 1
3 3 4
5 5 5
7 7 7
9 9 9
11 11 11

I don't know if this is a IF AND THEN function or something else but I need
help and to find the best way to set this up on a spread sheet in Excel.

Thanks.

The Deacon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Your data orientation's a bit quizzical, vertical? instead of the usual
horizontal. But I do believe you are hinting at combinations generation.

Try this link for possible relevants and a sample file:
http://tinyurl.com/cu3an8
--
Max
Singapore