MeaganNW

Default How to calculate a percentage formula with existing data?

I already have my data entered on the spreadsheet. I need to know a formula
that would give me a percentage of each row or column. Any help would be
greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Meagan
CarlosAntenna

The formula for a percentage is =part/whole. If your data is in column A
with a SUM in cell A10, you could put this formula in B1 =A1/A$10. Then
format the cell as a percentage. This formula could then be filled down
column B to do the same calculation for the rest of the rows.

Carlos

"MeaganNW" wrote in message
I already have my data entered on the spreadsheet. I need to know a

formula
that would give me a percentage of each row or column. Any help would be
greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Meagan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi sads,

Assuming your data are in A1:A10, you could use a formula like:
=A1/SUM(A$1:A$10)
in B1 and copy down to B10.

Alternatively, if you've got a total in A11, you could use a formula like:
=A1/A$11
in B1 and copy down to B10.

in either case, format the cells as %.

--