Junior Member

Default invalid cell reference

I am getting a #REF! returned when my data table changes size.................I have a table being brought into a spreadsheet via an external source, this table contains a date/ time stamp for certain completed operations, I then have a formula that will see if there is any data in a certain cell and return it as a date only or leave blank if no date stamp...currently using this =IF($BA7="","",IF($BA70,BA7-0,0))....the problem I have is the table that comes in from the external source can be anything from 2 rows to 200 rows, my sheet works perfectly until the table gets shorter than the last update, then all the cells that contain the formula looking for a time stamp return the #REF! for invalid cell reference error, is there any way to stop this from happening?