Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
A A is offline

Default cell reference

I have information in a row each in different columns ( age, address,
name....).
This kind of rows I have 100.
I try to do a Letter. How can I use cell reference so that I can draw other
letters with mouse. The problem is empty rows in the letter, excel count
these rows and I will loose about 50 letters.

my Information cells:
A1 B1 C1 D1
..
..
A100 B100 C100 D100

My letter area is about 9 columns and 20 rows. In this area I use cell
referenses to the Information row. When I drag the first letter area to
create the second excel will take information on 20 row belover. I like to
have the second row information on the second letter with out any macros. I
have done this kind before, but I have forget how.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use one 'letter' and instead of links to cells, like

=A2

use

=INDEX(A:A,$M$1)

and then enter a 2 into cell M1.

You can then step through (either manually or with a macro) the numbers 2 through 100 in cell M1,
printing after each time, to get your 100 letters.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"A" wrote in message
I have information in a row each in different columns ( age, address,
name....).
This kind of rows I have 100.
I try to do a Letter. How can I use cell reference so that I can draw other
letters with mouse. The problem is empty rows in the letter, excel count
these rows and I will loose about 50 letters.

my Information cells:
A1 B1 C1 D1
.
.