Andy

Default Autocomplete works with my home computer but not the office computer

Hi,

I have a 8 meg file with 20 worksheets, in one of the worksheets, I have
applied data-validation on column A and enabled AutoComplete, the
autocomplete feature works when I work the file at home. However, when I
work the file the next day in the office, everything works fine as at home
except the autocomplete feature. I checked the Tools-Option-Edit, the office
computer has the autocomplete enabled also, what have I missed ?

Both the home and office computer use Window XP, Office XP.

Thanks
Andy

Debra Dalgleish

AutoComplete is based on other entries in the same column. Are you using
the same copy of the workbook at home and at the office?

If not, the copy at home may have data entered in the column, and that's
enabling the AutoComplete.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Andy

So far, I have worked with the same one workbook. I have to find out if
AutoComplete works in other workbooks at the office by next Monday when it
re-opens. I'll post again then.

Thanks for the replies.