Junior Member

Default Formula Question

Is there a way I can take dates from one worksheet and have them highlight the appropriate dates on a calendar worksheet? If so, can anyone tell me how?

Last edited by Lefty33 : February 18th 11 at 08:11 PM
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty33 View Post
Is there a way I can take dates from one worksheet and have them highlight the appropriate dates on a calendar worksheet? If so, can anyone tell me how?
You can use Conditional Formatting on the dates on the second sheet, but the only way to reference the date back on the first sheet is to have a named range (this is because Conditional Formatting does not allow references to a different sheet).

The simplest way to name a range is to click on the cell containing the date on the first sheet you are checking for, and in the Name Box in the top left corner of Excel (where it says, for example, C3) type in a name (e.g. InputDate) and press Enter - no spaces allowed in the name.

Then your Conditional Format formula for the range of dates in the second sheet would be:
=IF(A2=InputDate,TRUE,FALSE)
...where A2 is the location of the first date you want to check. Remember to give it some formatting (e.g. highlight in yellow). Copy this formatting across the range of dates you want to interrogate on the second sheet.