Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default move y-axis to the left of x-axis "0"

Hello, Please help me move y-axis out of "0" along x-axis (left) without
changing the x-axis minimum and major unit. I try this just because the
overlapping of error bar with y-axis at "0".
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You need to format the y-axis and specify where it crosses the x-axis
Next time tell us what Excel version you are using - then we can be more
specific
best wishes--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme

"Wei Wei" wrote in message
Hello, Please help me move y-axis out of "0" along x-axis (left) without
changing the x-axis minimum and major unit. I try this just because the
overlapping of error bar with y-axis at "0".

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi, Bernard,

Thank you for your fast response.
I am using office 2007
My time-course experiment is 0, 4, 8, 10, 12, 16 hours.
I set x-axis:
Minimum=0
Major unit=4
Minor unit=2
Vertical axis crosses=0
Got X-axis label=0, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, and 16. And the Y-axis crosses
at 0. This is NOT what I want because the error bar at 0 hour overlaps with
Y-axis.
Yes, I can format the vertical axis cross at -1.
Minimum=-1 (If =0, Y-axis doesnt move to -1 position)
Major unit=4
Minor unit=2
Vertical axis crosses=-1.
Got Y-axis is 1 unit away from the start time point (0). But the X-axis
label=-1, 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 11, 13, and 15, not 0, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14,
and 16.
Does this process need special code?
Thanks.

.