Junior Member

Default Excel line chart not displaying correctly

I'm not even sure how to search this issue... All attempts have come up empty...

I have data pulled into a stacked line chart. The lines should all show trending numbers separately from each other (no overlap). As it stands, the data labels are correct but the placement on the chart is incorrect. See attached screenshot. Help???

The bottom (purple) line seems to be correct.
The rest are not plotting properly. You can see the numbers go down in value but the line goes up. I have no idea how to fix this.....
Attached Images

Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eshort View Post
I'm not even sure how to search this issue... All attempts have come up empty...

I have data pulled into a stacked line chart. The lines should all show trending numbers separately from each other (no overlap). As it stands, the data labels are correct but the placement on the chart is incorrect. See attached screenshot. Help???

The bottom (purple) line seems to be correct.
The rest are not plotting properly. You can see the numbers go down in value but the line goes up. I have no idea how to fix this.....

The chart looks fine to me. Because it's a stacked chart the data points are plotted cumulatively.

Take October 2012 for example. The purple is 5% and the blue is 2% so the blue is effectively 2% added to the 5% so is plotted at the 7% point. The red is 25% on top of that 7% so is plotted at 32%. Make sense?

If this is not the result you're after then you need something other than a stacked chart.