Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Copy whole table into one cell

You can't copy a table into a cell. Best you could do is convert to text,
and use a non-proportional fonf (fixed-width, like courier for example) and
pad field values with spaces so everything lines up.

You'd have to use a non-proportional font in your Word doc as well for it to
look half-decent.

Most likely there's better approaches: the best one would depend on what you
need to do with the reports once they're generated. If you're just
printing, it might be easier to lay it out in XL.

Tim

"Nit_Wit_400" wrote in message
Office Excel 2003 on Windows XP

I'm trying to create a report-maker with excel... ugh!

Anyways, there is a template that users are filling out saying whether
something is defected or not... that's not important, the important
part is, that I'm having VBA go though the table (using a button after
it is filled out) and deleting the rows that aren't defected... in
other words, if there are blank cells in column C (for example), the
whole row in which that blank cell is located is deleted.

I'll never have more than 40 rows and 5 columns in the table so I
don't think I'll exceed Excel's maximum character limit per cell.

What I want to do next is put that whole table in a new sheet in the
first blank cell in row 2 so that I can make them mergable into a Word
document (which will have all 256 possible merge fields in place).

As you've probably guessed, I'm going to be doing this multiple times
per report.

I guess the most basic question to ask here is:

How do I copy a whole table and paste it into one cell?