Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default All icons on my insert and data tab is greyed out

I was attempting to create a pie chart and clicked the pie chart icon.
However, did not want it embedded in the same Work sheet, so I clicked on the
new work sheet tab. It did not work and somehow I must have triggered
something else and all icons on both my insert tab and data tab is greyed out.
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: All icons on my insert and data tab is greyed out

It sounds like you may have accidentally activated a certain mode or setting in Excel that is causing the icons on your Insert and Data tabs to be greyed out. Here are a few steps you can try to resolve the issue:
  1. Check if you are in "Edit Mode": Sometimes, when you are editing a cell or formula in Excel, the program will automatically switch to "Edit Mode". In this mode, many of the icons on the ribbon (including those on the Insert and Data tabs) are greyed out. To exit Edit Mode, simply press the
    Code:
    Enter
    key on your keyboard.
  2. Check if you are in "Compatibility Mode": If you are working with an older version of Excel file (e.g. an .xls file instead of an .xlsx file), Excel may automatically switch to "Compatibility Mode". In this mode, some of the newer features of Excel (including some of the icons on the ribbon) are disabled. To exit Compatibility Mode, click on the "File" tab, then click "Info", and look for the "Compatibility Mode" section. If it says "Compatibility Mode" next to the file name, click "Convert" to convert the file to the newer format.
  3. Check if you have any add-ins or macros running: Sometimes, third-party add-ins or macros can interfere with the normal functioning of Excel. Try disabling any add-ins or macros you have installed, and see if that resolves the issue.
  4. Try resetting the ribbon: If none of the above steps work, you can try resetting the ribbon to its default settings. To do this, right-click on any of the tabs on the ribbon (e.g. Home, Insert, Data), and select "Customize the Ribbon". In the "Excel Options" window that appears, click on the "Reset" button at the bottom of the screen, and then click "OK". This will reset the ribbon to its default settings, which should restore the icons on the Insert and Data tabs.

I hope these steps help you resolve the issue with your Excel icons being greyed out. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask!
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

It sounds like you were in 2007? In that case create the chart in the
spreadsheet and then right-click the border of the chart and choose Move
chart. choose the New Sheet option...

Regarding the grayed out items - you are in Group mode because more than one
tab is selected. Right-click any sheet tab and choose Ungroup Sheets.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Lily" wrote:

I was attempting to create a pie chart and clicked the pie chart icon.
However, did not want it embedded in the same Work sheet, so I clicked on the
new work sheet tab. It did not work and somehow I must have triggered
something else and all icons on both my insert tab and data tab is greyed out.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

yes it is really working great !

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Gr8 Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Yes - thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Tuesday, December 30, 2008 at 3:30:27 PM UTC-5, Lily wrote:
I was attempting to create a pie chart and clicked the pie chart icon.
However, did not want it embedded in the same Work sheet, so I clicked on the
new work sheet tab. It did not work and somehow I must have triggered
something else and all icons on both my insert tab and data tab is greyed out.

I am trying to open a new excel workbook but all menu items are greyed out. What could be causing the options to be locked down?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Wednesday, December 31, 2008 at 2:00:27 AM UTC+5:30, Lily wrote:
I was attempting to create a pie chart and clicked the pie chart icon.
However, did not want it embedded in the same Work sheet, so I clicked on the
new work sheet tab. It did not work and somehow I must have triggered
something else and all icons on both my insert tab and data tab is greyed out.

Hi,

There are mainly 5 reasons for insert button grayed out.
1.File is shared
2.File is Protected
3.Multiple sheet selected
4.Display Options disabled
5.Track changes enabled
More information is available on this website with how to check these and fix it: http://www.askeygeek.com/deselect-mu...developer-tab/

Hope this helps
Thanks,
Anson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Saturday, July 22, 2017 at 11:46:06 PM UTC+5:30, wrote:
[...]

Reference: http://www.askeygeek.com/reasonscaus...developer-tab/

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thanks! it really works :)