Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Alen K

Default Can't see text in cells

For some reason, Excel 2003 on my XP laptop has developed a problem. I
can no longer see the text in most of the cells on a sheet. Older Excel
files I have display okay but all of the most recent ones I have show
the problem. The text shows fine in some of the cells near the top, but
not in any of the cells below them. I can't see a difference between
the cells that show text and those that don't. The text for each of the
affected cells shows up in the toolbar when I click on the cell. If I
click on the text in the toolbar, it is visible in the cell, but
formatted wrong. If I double click on the cell to edit in place, the
text in the cell appears, and is formatted correctly, but clicking
outside of the cell makes it invisible again.

Everything was fine one day and then not fine the next and I didn't
install any new software inbetween. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary''s Student

There are two ways to make the cell contents "invisible"

1. Make the font color match the backgound color
2. Indent the text until it slides out of view

Check that these did not happen by mistake.
--
Gary's Student

"Alen K" wrote:

For some reason, Excel 2003 on my XP laptop has developed a problem. I
can no longer see the text in most of the cells on a sheet. Older Excel
files I have display okay but all of the most recent ones I have show
the problem. The text shows fine in some of the cells near the top, but
not in any of the cells below them. I can't see a difference between
the cells that show text and those that don't. The text for each of the
affected cells shows up in the toolbar when I click on the cell. If I
click on the text in the toolbar, it is visible in the cell, but
formatted wrong. If I double click on the cell to edit in place, the
text in the cell appears, and is formatted correctly, but clicking
outside of the cell makes it invisible again.

Everything was fine one day and then not fine the next and I didn't
install any new software inbetween. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Alen K

Gary''s Student wrote:
There are two ways to make the cell contents "invisible"

1. Make the font color match the backgound color
2. Indent the text until it slides out of view

Check that these did not happen by mistake.

Thanks, but...background is "no color" while text is black or blue, and
no indents on the text. I've tried changing everything about Cell
formatting, with no affect. :-/

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary''s Student

There is one more possibility:

Make sure the cells are not hidden or protected in any other way.
I appreciate yor frustration with this problem. Please update this post
when you find the solution.

Good Luck
--
Gary''s Student