Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Mona

Default xy scatter plot question

I have xy scatter plot using dates for x axis. I change the min and max on
the x axis weekly. The problem is that the lines are "bleeding" over the y
axis. How do I make the lines go to the edge of the y axis but not over?
(make sense?). thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Tushar Mehta

I suspect that's how some MS programmer decided to indicate "there's data
back there that I cannot show."

One way to 'fix' this would be to add a rectangle to the chart from the
Drawing toolbar and position it properly. Kind of a pain but it works.

Another option would be to set the min. x value equal to that of the first
data point you want to show. If a data point is *on* the y-axis, XL will
not draw the "there's data there I cannot show you" bit.

I also checked with a Line chart but it doesn't help. It too includes the
extra bit of the line.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...
I have xy scatter plot using dates for x axis. I change the min and max on
the x axis weekly. The problem is that the lines are "bleeding" over the y
axis. How do I make the lines go to the edge of the y axis but not over?
(make sense?). thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

I've noticed that the line stops at the edge of the plot area (the inside
plot area) if the series all have lines and no markers. Probably this
knowledge is not too helpful.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP