LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  

Default Plotting Line Graphs to Specific Bar Graphs

I am trying to create a double axis chart with 2 bar graphs and 2 line graphs, but I want the line graph to over lap with a specific set of bars and the other line graph to link to the other set of bars. If you were to look at the attached zip file, i would want the red dot to link (be centered on) the blue bar and the purple dot to link (be centered on) the green bar. Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2 Bar 2 Line Chart.zip (11.3 KB, 158 views)
  #2   Report Post  
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise Scoggins View Post
I am trying to create a double axis chart with 2 bar graphs and 2 line graphs, but I want the line graph to over lap with a specific set of bars and the other line graph to link to the other set of bars. If you were to look at the attached zip file, i would want the red dot to link (be centered on) the blue bar and the purple dot to link (be centered on) the green bar. Thanks!
Hi Elise,

you need to change the chart type for your scatter plots from line to XY scatter in order to accurately modify their X-position.
I quickly did that and attached your sample again. The correct X-position is dependant on the width of your columns.
In your sample X-pos 0.85 is the center of the blue column, 1 is the center between the blue and the green, 1.15 is the center of the green one...

If you need more chart samples, have a look over
here http://www.pimpmychart.com

Regards

Holger
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2 Bar 2 Line Chart (centered).zip (11.1 KB, 129 views)