Alicia Rittenhouse

Default Number formatting when importing from Access to Excel

I have been trying to import phone numbers and date of births from Access
into Excel. When I do this the numbers loose all of their formatting. I
can't even use Excel's formatting to change the way the numbers look. I
figured out how to do it in Word so I know that there has to be a way to do
this.

What it looks like before I import
(123) 567-8910

When I get it in Excel
12345678910

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thanks!!!! Alicia Rittenhouse
Jim Cone

Alicia,

Select the cells then...
Format | Cells | Number (tab) | Special | Phone number

Regards,
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Alicia Rittenhouse"