Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default textbox value validation

In sheet1 I have a user form named 'frmEmployee' and also a 'sheet2
which is the employees' database. One of the tasks is to enter data fo
a new employee. The primary key is the ID number of each employee. T
avoid entering an existing employee's data, I want a code to use i
'frmEmployee' . So, when I enter a number in the textbox 'ID_Number' t
lookup in 'sheet2' (where employee's data is) and if this number exist
to stop the data entry procedure and show the message "this ID numbe
exists etc...".
Thank

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In sheet1 I have a user form named 'frmEmployee' and also a 'sheet2'
which is the employees' database. One of the tasks is to enter data
for a new employee. The primary key is the ID number of each
employee. To avoid entering an existing employee's data, I want a
code to use in 'frmEmployee' . So, when I enter a number in the
textbox 'ID_Number' to lookup in 'sheet2' (where employee's data is)
and if this number exists to stop the data entry procedure and show
the message "this ID number exists etc...".
Thanks

---

Access would be better for this...