Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default SaveAs Filename Help

I'm trying to create a sub rountine that will save the active woorbook with
the current date and time.

Sub test()
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Format(Now, "dd-mm-yy h-mm-ss") & ".xls"

Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2)
www.rondebruin.nl

"Ed" wrote in message ...
I'm trying to create a sub rountine that will save the active woorbook with
the current date and time.
E2 has the NOW() function. I copied the code from another woorbook and tried
to modify it and now I'm
just lost.
What I want to do is save the routine in a woorbook called FTR.xls, but want
to execute the procedure on different
woorbooks that I open.

Sub Save_File ()
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=Sheets("Sheet5").Range("E2").Value &
".xls"

End Sub

T.I.A.
Ed