Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default A line chart

I have two scores, Internal & External, and I want to plot these on a
chart. However, I want Internal to be on the Y-Axis, going across and
External to be on the X-Axis, going up. The idea being to find the
intersection point of the two lines.

Possible?

Duncs
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Xt Xt is offline

On Aug 23, 9:22*am, Duncs wrote:
I have two scores, Internal & External, and I want to plot these on a
chart. *However, I want Internal to be on the Y-Axis, going across and
External to be on the X-Axis, going up. *The idea being to find the
intersection point of the two lines.

Possible?

Duncs

I'm not sure what you mean Duncs? It soundsl like External and
Internal are single numbers and you want a horizontal line across at
the External level and a vertical one at the Internal level. They
will cross at the point (External, Internal) but that is obvious so
there must be more to the problem.
A bit more background would be helpful.

xt
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Aug 25, 4:16*am, Xt wrote:
On Aug 23, 9:22*am, Duncs wrote:

I have two scores, Internal & External, and I want to plot these on a
chart. *However, I want Internal to be on the Y-Axis, going across and
External to be on the X-Axis, going up. *The idea being to find the
intersection point of the two lines.

Possible?

Duncs

I'm not sure what you mean Duncs? *It soundsl like External and
Internal are single numbers and you want a horizontal line across at
the External *level and a vertical one at the Internal level. *They
will cross at the point (External, Internal) but that is obvious so
there must be more to the problem.
A bit more background would be helpful.

xt

xt, that's exactly it. On the Y-Axis will be External Score and the X-
Axis will be Internal Score. Whatever External is, a line will go
across at that point on Y-Axis. Likewise, for Internal, a line will
go up at that point on the X-Axis and will cross-over the External
line. The purpose is to identify the intersection point, so that a
baseline can be set. Once this baseline has been set, further plots
will be measured against it to see how near, or far, the intersection
of the two lines is.

My question was, given an External score of 67 and an internal one of
87, how would I plot that graph?

Duncs
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Xt Xt is offline

On Aug 26, 2:05*am, Duncs wrote:
On Aug 25, 4:16*am, Xt wrote:

On Aug 23, 9:22*am, Duncs wrote:

[...]

Duncs- Hide quoted text -

Well, say the maximum score was 100. Then make one series (0,67) and
(100,67) or in general (0,Ex) and (100,Ex) and plot that with a line
joined. The repeat for line between (87, 0) and (87, 100) or
generally (Int, 0) and (Int, 100).

Or perhaps you could just plot the reference point (87, 67).

Or are you concerned about the actual mechanics of using Excel to get
the lines on a graph?

xt