Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default 2003 Keeps the default workbook open

When I start Excel, it starts up with a blank workbook. If I immediately
open a saved file, it closes the blank workbook... All good...

except mine has stopped closing the blank one. So I always end up with 2
workbooks open, the one I opened and a blank one that I'm not interested in!

Is this a setting? if so where?

Can I fix it?

thanks...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.setup

Did you or someone create a default workbook (ie, Book.xltx or
Book.xltm) and save it in
"C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\E xcel\XLSTART"?