Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I calculate variance between numbers?

I have two columns of scores. I need to calculate the variance (difference)
across the two columns, with the result in column three. Seems simple but I
cannot figure it out. Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I don't know what you mean by variance in this context.

The variance of A2:A100 is =VAR(A2:A100)
If you want the difference between A2 and B2 it is =B2-A2
--
David Biddulph

"copitta" wrote in message
I have two columns of scores. I need to calculate the variance
(difference)
across the two columns, with the result in column three. Seems simple but
cannot figure it out. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Actually, the difference is correct. But how do I calculate each difference
of 2 numbers across for 2 columns of numbers down? For example, I have a
list of scores running down column A, and another list of scores running down
column B. I would like to calculate the differences between the two in
column C.

"copitta" wrote in message
I have two columns of scores. I need to calculate the variance
(difference)
across the two columns, with the result in column three. Seems simple but
cannot figure it out. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The difference between A2 and B2 is =B2-A2. The difference betwen A3 and B3
is =B2-A3.

If you want to copy the formula from C3 down column C there are at least 3
ways:
Copy C2, highlight the relevant remaining cells in column C and paste.
Click in the bottom right hand corner of C2 so that you see a square fill
handle, and drag that down.
Double click on the fill handle (see above) and it will fill dows as far as
there is data in column B.

If you want to add the values in column C, =SUM(C2:C100)
--
David Biddulph

"copitta" wrote in message
I have two columns of scores. I need to calculate the variance
(difference)
across the two columns, with the result in column three. Seems simple
but
cannot figure it out. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I calculate delta value

i dont know how to calculate delta value.
like i have 5 numbers. for example: 15, 20, 25, 30, 35.
now how can i get the delta value?