Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How to divide a data series into different ranges?

In a report i need to divide my chart by certain ranges...suppose if i have a
datea series for reports for every week.I want to display the reports older
than 3 months,older than 2 months etc in a single data series by dividing the
data sereis...Please help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

It's much easier to use multiple series. If it's anything but an XY chart,
use separate worksheet columns that line up with the X values, with values
where the series appears and blanks where other series appear.

It's pretty much as described in my Conditional Charts page:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...nalChart1.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Arun" wrote in message
In a report i need to divide my chart by certain ranges...suppose if i
have a
datea series for reports for every week.I want to display the reports
older
than 3 months,older than 2 months etc in a single data series by dividing
the
data sereis...Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Jon ur link gave me some idea for my solution but not fully..I was looking
for stacked columns...In my chart i have date in the x-axis and no of
documents in the x-axis..i have 4 columns under a date with corresponding
values..i want all the columns in a stacked manner according to some
conditions...could you please help me..