Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default SaveAs Filename and FileFormat in Vs2007

Using Excel 2007 (GRR!!), what do I change the FileFormat:=xlNormal (in the
code below) to to save as xlsm format?
The closest I could glean from Help was.....xlOpenXMLWorkbookMacroEnabled
But that doesn't seem to do it.

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _
"C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\Lou's Accounts\" &
Worksheets("Invoice").Range("I1").Text, _ FileFormat:=xlNormal,
_
Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", _
ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, CreateBackup:=False

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Rob

The following macro worked fine for me.

Sub SaveMacEnabled()

Application.DisplayAlerts = False
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="C:\Excel\Book3.xlsm", FileFormat:=
_
xlOpenXMLWorkbookMacroEnabled, CreateBackup:=False
Application.DisplayAlerts = False

Regards

Roger Govier

"RobN" wrote in message
Using Excel 2007 (GRR!!), what do I change the FileFormat:=xlNormal
(in the code below) to to save as xlsm format?
The closest I could glean from Help
was.....xlOpenXMLWorkbookMacroEnabled
But that doesn't seem to do it.

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _
"C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\Lou's Accounts\" &
Worksheets("Invoice").Range("I1").Text, _
FileFormat:=xlNormal, _
Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", _
ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, CreateBackup:=False

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi RobN

More info about the formats you can find on this page
http://www.rondebruin.nl/saveas.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"RobN" wrote in message ...
Using Excel 2007 (GRR!!), what do I change the FileFormat:=xlNormal (in the
code below) to to save as xlsm format?
The closest I could glean from Help was.....xlOpenXMLWorkbookMacroEnabled
But that doesn't seem to do it.

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _
"C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\Lou's Accounts\" &
Worksheets("Invoice").Range("I1").Text, _ FileFormat:=xlNormal,
_
Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", _
ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, CreateBackup:=False

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Roger,

I have it working now by putting the xlsm extension into the filename as I
noticed you had done.
It seems version2007 is not as intelligent as the previous version which
automatically did that for me!

(Yet another complaint about this clumsy version of the XL program.)

Rob