Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I avoid excel change absolute address to relative address

I have Excel 2003 (11.8134.8132) SP2. In a cell I put a link to
"\\server\folder1\folder2\file.xls" and work well, after I save the file and
link changed to "../../folder2/file.xls" obviously the message is wrong, What
I have to do? thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm not sure if this will work with your hyperlinks, but a few people have said
that this has resolved the problem for them:

File|Properties|Summary Tab|Hyperlink Base
change it to C:\
(something that's always available)

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Somebody recommended me:
With the regedit locate the
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\C ommon and Add new Add
DWord Value with HypAlternateResolveToRel with value 1 and the problem was
corrected.
Thank you

Miguel