Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default running multiple instances

First of all this may not be as much as an excel issue as it could be a dual
monitor issue.

I have two monitors on one computer and would like to have two excel
spreadsheet open at once, one on one monitor and another on the other
monitor.

But when I open two excel files they overlap each other on one monitor. I
have tried to cascade both files and that doesn't work.

Can I run two instances of excel and have one file displayed on one monitor
and another file on the other, if so how?

Once again this may be more of a monitor issue and not excel, if that is
true, I apologize for wasting anyone's time, but would ask which newsgroup
would you recommend to overcome this obstacle?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Look he

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/MultipleMonitors.aspx

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"RanMan" wrote in message ...
| First of all this may not be as much as an excel issue as it could be a dual
| monitor issue.
|
| I have two monitors on one computer and would like to have two excel
| spreadsheet open at once, one on one monitor and another on the other
| monitor.
|
| But when I open two excel files they overlap each other on one monitor. I
| have tried to cascade both files and that doesn't work.
|
| Can I run two instances of excel and have one file displayed on one monitor
| and another file on the other, if so how?
|
| Once again this may be more of a monitor issue and not excel, if that is
| true, I apologize for wasting anyone's time, but would ask which newsgroup
| would you recommend to overcome this obstacle?
|
| Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Answer I gave to this question a few weeks back: