Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Darren

Default renaming data labels by different cells than source data

I have an xy scatter chart showing duration. Whenever I put the mouse over a
data point in the chart it displays the series name, that point's data label,
and the x and y coordinate.

Is there a way to make it so that when I put the mouse over the data point
that it shows instead the cell values for cells in the same column as the
reference data point?

For example, instead of seeing the x (D3) and y (E3) point: (1.75, 1.62), I
would like it to show me cells B3 and C3, or (Maturity, Coupon)

Thank you for any help that you might be able to give me.

-Darren
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Hi,

See Tushar Mehta's hover label addin.
http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/softwa...bel/index.html

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Darren

Thanks Andy,

The only thing is, I am not seeing how it will do what I want it to. In
fact, as far as I can tell, it really doesn't do anything that my excel
versions doesn't already do.

What I want to do is to use a cell(s) for the data labels that is different
from the reference cell(s) for the data point.

The hover always shows the series name, the specific data point's data
label, and the reference cell value for both the x and y points. I would like
to make it so that it continues to use the same reference cells, but displays
different cells in the hover box.

Thanks,
Darren