Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Graphics Questions

Hi,

Using Excel 2007

Two questions, please:

I added some text to a chart.
Figured out how to do this !

Now I want to put a box around it, but have the text show.
Was able to select a rectangular shape, but it comes up blue.

How do I get just the rectangular box outline to show, and the text also to
show (clear, no color) ?

b. They have many shapes you can select, apparently, but no straight dashed
line.
Is there one, somewhere ?

Thanks,
Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Add the rectangle; right click it an Edit Text
You can also Format Shape to change colour
When you add a shape make sure you first select (click on) the chart so that
the two objects are grouped

I suspect the text you are talking about is in a colourless/borderless text
box; this too could be formatted to add colour and/or border
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP