Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how do I round a column of numbers to the nearest

How do I round a column of numbers up or down? ei. $27.51 = $27.50 and
$29.24 = $29.25?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Depending on exactly what you mean,
Look at each of these:
ROUNDUP(X,2)
CEILING(X,2)

MROUND(27.51,.50) rounds to the nearest 50 cents.

If this helps, please click the Yes button,

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Suzy" wrote:

How do I round a column of numbers up or down? ei. $27.51 = $27.50 and
$29.24 = $29.25?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=ROUND(A1*4,0)/4

"Suzy" wrote:

How do I round a column of numbers up or down? ei. $27.51 = $27.50 and
$29.24 = $29.25?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It looks like you want to round to the nearest quarter.

If you have the Analysis ToolPak add-in installed (versions of Excel prior
to Excel 2007):

=MROUND(A1,0.25)

--
Biff