Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Subtract hours from a time and get the correct time

I am trying to subtract 7 hrs from different times entered and get the
correct time. It works fine until it goes back to the prior day. How do I
get it to display correctly? I am using Excel in Office 2007. I entered
=1:18-7:00 and have a cell format of hh:mm AM/PM
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming that you have 1:18 in A1 and 7:00 in B1 then try:

=MOD(A1-B1,1)

for all your subtractions.

--
HTH