Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default COUNT based on conditions in 2 or more columns

SUMPRODUCT - or nested IF? I've been looking for help to 'join' together two
IF functions, but from what I've been reading it may be that I need to use
SUMPRODUCT. However, can't get either to work.

I want to count how many people who have a blank entry in one column, also
meet a given condition in another.

I have a spreadsheet with multiple columns which tells me about PC users who
have had their PCs ugraded. In my spreadsheet, a cell in column B gives me a
date that the user's PC was upgraded - the cell is blank if no upgrade has
taken place. Column U tells me whether they have a laptop or desktop and
there are no blank cells. So, in another summary sheet in the workbook, I
want to show some calculations - on this occasion the calculation will count
how many desktop users have not had their PCs upgraded.

Can you help?