Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I add a semicolon at the end of a name in 400 rows at once

I have created a worksheet with 410 names and forgot to put a semicolon at
the end of each line. I need to place one there now and either have to do it
individually or ??? please any one out there that can help me, respond. I am
running microsoft exell 2003, on a PC.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming names are in column A

In B1 enter =A1 & ";"

Double-click on the fill handle of B1 to copy down.

When happy, copy column B and in place EditPaste SpecialValuesOKEsc

Delete original column A.

Curious.............why would you need a semi-colon at end of each name?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 19 May 2007 20:21:00 -0700, mike wrote:

I have created a worksheet with 410 names and forgot to put a semicolon at
the end of each line. I need to place one there now and either have to do it
individually or ??? please any one out there that can help me, respond. I am
running microsoft exell 2003, on a PC.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi, mike !

I have created a worksheet with 410 names and forgot to put a semicolon at the end of each line.
I need to place one there now and either have to do it individually or ???
please any one out there that can help me, respond. I am running microsoft exell 2003, on a PC.

assuming 410 names in [A1:A410] (or modify as needed)

- open vba-editor - shortcut: {Alt}+{F11}
- show immediate window - shortcut: {Ctrl}+G
- type the following and press {Enter}
[a1:a410] = evaluate("a1:a410&"";""")

hth,
hector.