T. Rebouche

Default Merge mail excel to word

When I am typing in excel 13/1/2005 (date: 13 January 2005), I am getting in
Word 1/13/2005 which does not correspond to the one in excel ??? I want to
get the same as in excel 13/1/2005 - Regards
Arvi Laanemets

Hi

The easiest way - use an additional column with formula in it, p.e. with
original dates in column A, for row 2 the formula will be:
=TEXT(A2,"d/m/yyyy").
In Mail Merge you'll refer to additional column

--
When sending mail, use address arvil<attarkon.ee
Arvi Laanemets

"T. Rebouche" <T. wrote in message
When I am typing in excel 13/1/2005 (date: 13 January 2005), I am getting

in
Word 1/13/2005 which does not correspond to the one in excel ??? I want to
get the same as in excel 13/1/2005 - Regards

Dave Peterson

Debra Dalgleish posted this for a different question:

In the Mail Merge, after you select your Excel file as a data source,
you should see a 'Confirm Data Source' dialog box.
(If you don't see the dialog box, change the setting in Word --
under ToolsOptions, General -- add a check mark to
'Confirm Conversion at Open')

From that list, choose 'MS Excel Worksheets via DDE (*.xls)', and your
formatting will be retained.

If you have to connect through a different source, you can format the
fields in the Word document. For example, to specify a number of decimals:

1. In Word, in the Main Document, press Alt+F9 to view the field codes.
2. Find the field code for the number. It will look something like:
{ MERGEFIELD FieldName }
3. Add a switch, to format the number with two decimal places.
For example:
{ MERGEFIELD FieldName \# "#,##0.00" }
4. Press Alt+F9 to hide the field codes.
5. Save the Main Document

(I bet you could modify it for your situation.)