Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default tabsheet-function to get the formatted text of a cell

Hi,

is there any tabsheet-function to get the formatted text of a cell?

--
Norbert
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 10:37:32 +0200, Norbert Winkler wrote:

Hi,

is there any tabsheet-function to get the formatted text of a cell?

Please describe more clearly what you want to do, and also what you think a "tabsheet-function" is as that is not a term in English or American Excel with which I am familiar.

What have you tried to do and what were the results?

What version of Excel are you using?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

is there any tabsheet-function to get the formatted text of a cell?

Not a lot of detail to go on there. I assume by "tabsheet" you mean an Excel
worksheet (I'm guessing you are calling it tabsheet because of the tabs at
the bottom). I also assume you mean by "formatted text" the cell format and
not things like its color, size, boldness, etc. And I also assume you are
looking for this to use in VB code. If so, then you simply need to use the
Text property of the cell's Range property... whatever is displayed in the
cell (including errors, # signs if the cell is not wide enough to hold its
number, etc.) As an example...

MsgBox Range("A1").Text

Rick Rothstein (MVP - Excel)